I felt bad about the lack of entertainment for the guests, so I arranged for a 2 hours photobooth session. I am utterly grateful to vendors for taking in my last minute requests, I hate changes so I can imagine how they must feel.
Our expenses thus far:
Dinner: Estimated $21,000 before corkage
Cake, Favours, Cards, Flowers: $2,550
Hair and Make Up, Gown and Suit Stuff: $2,600
Chinese Things: $1,700
Photography, Photobooth: $3,200
Car Rental, Hotel Room: $1,000
Angbao Withdrawl: $1,000
This w is going to cost us at least $33,000!
I hate weddings.
Oh procrastination! I have neglected this list for 3 months! Here are some more oldies:
- Africa by Toto (1982)
- Don’t Dream It’s Over by Crowded House (1986)
- I Melt With You by Modern English (1982)
- I Can’t Help Myself by The Four Tops (1965)
- Your Song by Elton John (1970)
- September by Earth, Wind & Fire (1978)
- Baby I love Your Way by Peter Frampton (1975)
- God Only Knows by The Beach Boys (1966)
- Let’s Stay Together by Al Green (1971)
- This Must Be The Place by Talking Heads (1983)
- Lovely Day by Bill Withers (1977)
- You Make Me Feel Like Dancing by Leo Sayer (1976)
- To Love Somebody by The Bee Gees (1967)
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) by Marvin Gaye (1964)
- All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You by Heart (1990)
- Sugar, Sugar by The Archies (1969)
- Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic by The Police (1981)
- Don’t You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds (1985)
- Make You Feel My Love by Billy Joel (1997)
- The Longest Time by Billy Joel (1983)
Thought I’d expand on the original list, so here goes:
- Mr Roboto by Styx (1983)
- Karma Chameleon by Culture Club (1983)
- (What A) Wonderful World by Herman’s Hermits (1965)
- You Take My Breath Away by Rex Smith (1979)
- Nights Are Forever Without You by England Dan & John Ford Coley (1976)
- December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night) by The Four Seasons (1975)
Wonderful World is a new find on the radio. The lyrics are adorable:
Don’t know much about geography
Don’t know much trigonometry
Don’t know much about algebra
Don’t know what a slide rule is for
But I know that one and one is two
And if this one could be with you
What a wonderful world this would be
I think it is important to introduce my young readers to real autotune-free music. Real talent is hard to come by nowadays.
Also, December 1963 is highly inappropriate but it reminds me of Sherlock and co. so that’s fine!
Note to self: Apply for licensing to play music at reception venue
We were watching Deadpool when A commented that recent films have been featuring retro music instead of puke inducing songs like Love Me Like You Do, and we thought that would be a great theme for our w songs playlist! It is also a nod to A’s growing up years in the 70s and 80s, a characteristic that is probably shared with 80% of our guest list.
Angel of the Morning
by Juice Newton (1981): This was the opening number for Deadpool
, the lyrics go like this, “just touch my cheek before you leave me.” Seems highly inappropriate but I don’t think anyone will notice.
by Neil Sedaka (1961): Also in Deadpool
, it is about a prepubescent boy obsessed with the girls in his calendar pin ups. Certainly not a healthy obsession, but that sounds like A!
You Are So Beautiful
by Joe Cocker (1974): Finally a song with decent lyrics, this was originally recorded by Billy Preston and made popular by Joe Cocker.
Time After Time
by Cyndi Lauper (1984): Another classic love song, and hey, the first female on the list! This song is absolutely corny, but I like it.
4 songs down, 36 more to go! I will update periodically as the list grows.