Hey it’s Friday again! I’m aware I’ve missed 3 days worth of posts, but I am not the least bit apologetic! Nothing much happened w wise, so there was not much to update.
On Wednesday, FX and I went for my first dress fitting at V*****’s place. The whole thing happened pretty fast, with V sticking pins everywhere and anywhere. I was terrified of moving about as I didn’t want to become a human pin cushion! In summary there were a couple of alterations she had to do:
- Remove the can-can because I felt the skirt was too poufy
- Take in some of the chest (I lost weight!)
- Take in some of the waist and hips because of the can-can
- Shorten the dress length (V had too much faith in my height)
- Shorten the train (V thought our reception would be grand. She thought wrong!)
- Replace the back zip (V brought this up, I don’t really know what it means but I think she should be making it nicer)
My second fitting is in 10 days’ time! In all honesty I wasn’t that excited about trying on the gown. The whole “magic” of it is lost on me, and I felt more uncomfortable than anything else. Also I was distracted by my ugly and pastey neck area! I need a tan.
We also framed up Monkey and Fishes, lovingly done by the uncle at Jalan Bukit Merah. A and I are expected to engage in a civil war regarding where they should be placed, so stay tuned!
Most of A’s invitation cards are out, but it seems like my mom has not sent out any from the bride’s side! I suspect a mad rush will ensue, and A and I will indubitably be dragged into it.We are meeting the reception venue people next week! I think that’s about all. We haven’t started on the programme. And on the decorations. Holy crap.